Re: [OT] google desktop on Debian

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote in Article <[🔎] f6g3a7$1fr$1@sea.gmane.org> posted to
gmane.linux.debian.user:

> Hi,
>
> Google has a Debian version of its desktop:
> http://desktop.google.com/linux/download.html
>
> Installing it on my Sid box with fvwm windowmanager and iceweasel
> browser does exactly nothing: no messages, nothing. So I uninstalled it
> again.
>
> Did anybody try it?

It depends on Gnome or KDE, I think.  Something that provides a system tray.
I was unaware that Google came up with a Linux version of Desktop, but I'm
glad to see they created a Debian package.  I've just installed it and I'm
trying it out now...

Kind of disappointed they went with GTK (it's fugly on a Motif scale IMO),
and it doesn't seem to support searching across PCs like the Windows
version does yet.

--
Paul Johnson