Re: How Do I Keep Track OF the Files Being Downloaded From My Apache?

Orestes leal wrote:

In A Hurry, something more complex like this:

cat /usr/local/apache2/logs/access_log  | awk '{ print $1,$3,$4,$5,$7}'

Later convert the output to HTML and put it in the web directory, so
this is very basic but works for me.

That should work fine till a log rotate happens and you download counts and other data will reinitialize. You will need some cache mechanism or a temporary file to append your results and use that for HTML generation.

Take a look at awstats and Analog Stats while you are exploring Webalizer.

HTH,
/KS