Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Paul Johnson wrote:
> I think it speaks volumes about how indefensible your position is that you
> resort to ad hominems.

    You know, I never understood this rational.  It seems to me that it
provides a simple way for the idiotic and crazy to "win" an argument.  They
can keep spewing their inanities, ignoring the facts (as Arnt has here if
you've read the thread) and when the rational person gets tired of dealing
with someone who is clearly not playing the same game much less with a full
deck and rightly says so, they've "lost".

    Sometimes calling a kook a kook and an idiot and idiot is the only
statement you've got.  If it's accurate it's not ad hominem.