Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

judd@wadsworth.org wrote:

> On  7 Mar, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:

>>> Probably because, you know, nearly everyone in a society needs
>>> healthcare and pays taxes, so national healthcare is the simplest
>>> strategy to cover the maximum number of people, no?
>>>
>> Yes, because the government is a model of efficiency.  Come on.  The
>> simplest stratedy is to not tax people so much and let them figure it
>> out for themselves.
>
> As far as health care goes, medicare is by far the most efficient
> system in the US.

That and the Oregon Health Plan, but unfortunately, they don't cover enough
of the population.  Governor Kulongowski and former Governor Kitzhaber are
pushing for OHP to cover all Oregonians by the end of the current session,
I hope he gets his way, makes us look that much further ahead of the rest
of the country.