Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 08:55:56PM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
> Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
>
> > Iraq also does not have a functioning economy.  Now, you might argue
> > that providing National healthcare is simply getting them addicted to
> > it.  Which I think is true.  However, I think that in this case it is
> > the right thing to do.
>
> Probably because, you know, nearly everyone in a society needs healthcare
> and pays taxes, so national healthcare is the simplest strategy to cover
> the maximum number of people, no?

Yes, because the government is a model of efficiency.  Come on.  The
simplest stratedy is to not tax people so much and let them figure it
out for themselves.

> > It would be nice if there were a better way, but I doubt there is.
>
> So since we're in agreement that collectively paying for healthcare is the
> way to go, why not introduce it here?

We are not in agreement.  Collective, governmnet-run healthcare is a
necessity in Iraq because they currently lack a functioning market
economy.  We have one of those.  In fact, we have arguably one of the
best in the world.  It would be a colossal screw up to introduce
socialized medicine here.

Regards,

-Roberto

--