Re: 4TB filesystem

On Friday 02 June 2006 11:55, Koos Meijering wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create on a nfs file server a partition with the size of
> 4TB every time after a reboot the system reports there is only a 2 TB
> partition and an unused part of the disk.
> The system is an AMD Optron server, with Debian Sarge installed and de
> generic amd kernel image
> The raid controller I used is an 3ware 9500s with 12 370GB disk attached
> to it.
>
> Is it possible to create a partition larger than 2 TB and how?
> I hope somebody can help me.

What filesystem are you using? ext3? XFS? JFS?  I've had problems with large
file systems under ext3, but never had any problems with 5.1TB filesystems
under XFS.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111