Re: Redirect hostname to internal box

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 12:24:27PM +0200, Clifford W. Hansen wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Firstly I'm not sure if this is the right place but here goes:
>
> I'm using Debian 3.1.
>
> I have dyndns with wildcards enabled, and I'd like to have traffic to a
> specific hostname directed to my internal webserver.
>
> e.g.
> 	phpsysinfo.example.com -> firewall
> 	intbox.example.com -> internal box
>
> Due to it being dynamic dns (dyndns.org) and I only have one ipaddress,
> I can't seem to get it to work with out doing apache redirecting to a
> different port

Look at setting up dnsmasq for your internal network.  You won't have
to use the optional dhcp stuff.

tubaman@polishwonder:~$ apt-cache show dnsmasq
Package: dnsmasq
Section: net
Installed-Size: 292
Maintainer: Simon Kelley <simon@thekelleys.org.uk>
Architecture: i386
Version: 2.22-2
Depends: netbase, libc6 (>= 2.3.2.ds1-4)
Suggests: resolvconf
Conflicts: pdnsd, resolvconf (<< 1.15)
Filename: pool/main/d/dnsmasq/dnsmasq_2.22-2_i386.deb
Size: 111734
MD5sum: 6df4ea92ec1df3a12780837bad61e44e
 Dnsmasq is lightweight, easy to configure DNS forwarder and DHCP
 server. It is designed to provide DNS and, optionally, DHCP, to a
 small network. It can serve the names of local machines which are
 not in the global DNS. The DHCP server integrates with the DNS
 server and allows machines with DHCP-allocated addresses
 to appear in the DNS with names configured either in each host or
 in a central configuration file. Dnsmasq supports static and dynamic
 DHCP leases and BOOTP for network booting of diskless machines.