Re: Re: Apt Gone Mad?-Or Is It Me?-Expert Help Needed

On Thursday 02 February 2006 10:05, Debian User Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
[...]

Ok, I think I understand; the gcc-4.0 compiler is
responsible for the
difference. Must have missed the warning documentation
on this.  I recently
had to revise the Linuxant Makefile for their tar.gz
driver package to get it to use gcc-4.0 and get
my winmodem to work with 2.6.15.

On the lkml, its generally considered that gcc-4.0 is broken, and that so far gcc-4.0.2 seems to be working with the right Makefile fixes.

YMMV of course.

--
Cheers, Gene

Thanks, Gene
I'm using gcc/testing uptodate 4:4.0.2-2. so it's good to know I'm ok
And the modem is working OK. My main issues envolve not being able to
install or upgrae some programs due to dependency issues as per the
original post in Jan., pp 8. I was blocked from posting to users by the
new spamassassin and it's good to see I getting thru now. Spamassassin
doesn't like SBC Yahoo Dial among other things(see my post below for
details).

Leonard Chatagnier