Re: /dev/sequencer, 2.6.15, CMI8738

> Are you sure that the card has a sequencer channel?  Is it specifically a
> MIDI/synth card, or is it just a sound card?  Lots of (read: most) sound cards
> do not have a sequencer -- the windows driver emulates one and actually renders
> the file in software and gives the card the wave.

Chris,

It's a cheap PCI sound card :)

In the alsa documentation [1] it says that you should configure it like this:

$ ./configure --with-cards=cmipci --with-sequencer=yes

I just would like to get it working without having to recompile alsa.
If not, I'd have to read more documentation and try to get it working.

Regards.

[1]http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=C-Media&card=CMI8738&chip=CMI8738&module=cmipci

--
http://arhuaco.org/