Re: Why does Debian install Exim4?

Am 2005-12-27 00:36:24, schrieb humble tech:
> I've just installed another Debian Stable and I  want to know why on earth the Debian maintainers believe it acceptable  to just go ahead and install Exim4 without asking, forcing me to go and  uninstall it afterwards....

Fuck... some of those endless-line posters...

    1)  Because exim4 is one of the best MTA's
        and historical it IS the defsult.

    2)  Each UNIX-like System needs a MTA.

>   I'd like there to be a minimal install option but I can't see it, the  closest I've found is the manually selecting packages and then just not  installing any. I'm very used to Gentoo which gives full control over  such stuff and I've been making the case for Debian at work, I'd really  love to be able to control this a bit better.

Then create your customized minimal-system

    apt-get install debian-cd

>   Really, I've been a bit spoilt by Gentoo's control I guess, it's just  that especially on a server, you don't want anything on it that isn't  definitely supposed to be there.

Good look with this Gentoo crap.

>   Anybody got any input on this?

I have MY OWN customized Debian Install CD's...

Oh yes, I am DebianGNU/Linux Consultant in France.
This is, why it was neccesary to create MY OWN CD-Sets.

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi