Re: nohup, but not nohup.out -- how to?

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 02:03:15PM +0200, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> I was hoping I could say something like "nohup -f somefile
> somecommand" or "nohup -o somefile somecommand", but nohup doesn't
> seem to accept command line arguments like this.

And since you have the source for the application, the reason it doesn't
now accept these command-line options would be...

The number of people who somehow think that $RANDOM_APPLICATION just must
have hidden options to do exactly whatever random thing they think it
should do always astounds me.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Innovation is hard to schedule.  -- Dan Fylstra
 msw@cox.net |