Best way to apt update the kernel from 2.6.8 to on server running sarge?

Hi,

I have a number of servers that I have running Sarge. The stable repository
does  not have later kernels than 2.6.8.

what is the best way "debian" to get the later kernels onto my servers?

I see 2.6.11 in testing. 2.6.12 in sid.

I know I could temporarily point at testing or sid, but
1) that seems gauche
2) I have a "local copy" of sarge but dont have a "local copy" of  testing or
sid in the local lan.

What is the best way to handle this?
download the kernel debs and do dpkg -i? I wish i could do just apt-get
install :) . I guess i need the kernel sources as well...

Mitchell