Panic, I can't mount '/var'

Yesterday my debian sarge crash. The '/dev/hda8' was seriously
corrupted. Now  it can  be mounted and there are the  '/var'
directory.
 Please help me, How can I fix this problem ???

  The 'fsck' on boot time look like it did her work , but nothing was
happen. The system can't mount this the '/dev/hda8'
  Now I try again from the knoppix with the next command:
>fsck -t ext3 /dev/hda8
  Again the fsck looks like did the work removing the block that need
be removed. But again nothing was modified.

  What's happened ??? Please help.

  Gustavo Halperin