Re: First general purpose unmoderated newsgroup for Debian

Sorry for the late answer, hollidays kicking in.

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> writes:

> raphael.berbain@free.fr (Raphaël Berbain) writes:
>
>> Second, ISTR that PGP/MIME is recommended over inline PGP.
>
> Unfortunately, Outlook Express doesn't handle MIME properly, so
> PGP/MIME is out

No matter how many times I read this last sentence of yours, I keep
finding this reasoning wrong.  Anyways, let's move on, both those
arguments have already been beaten to death numerous times.  Peace.

> unless I can get gnus to automatically sign messages From more
> clueful venues differently.

Maybe there is a way to fetch correspondants' user agents and store
that info in the BBDB, then use that for signing method decision ?
There should at least be some way to distinguish mailing lists and
newsgroups from private correspondance, either by a careful group
naming scheme, or by using group parameters.