Re: To mbox or not, that is the question!

"Monique Y. Mudama" <spam@bounceswoosh.org> writes:

> (For my mail, the first thing procmail does after dropping swen messages
> is to make a copy to a backup mailbox.  Then procmail and tmda do all of
> their processing.  That way, if I write a really stupid rule that
> deletes all of my mail, I still have it somewhere.  The backup mailbox
> is managed using logrotate so that it doesn't get too huge ... and I
> suspect that doing the logrotate thing using maildir would be
> non-trivial, although I'm sure someone will prove me wrong.)

Doesn't logrotate rename to whole file? So that if a mail went to backup
at 12:00:00, and logrotate was set to run at 12:00:01, then you won't
see any mail in your backup?

I use Maildir for everything, and have a script that just goes through
my spam and trash folders and delete all messages that are older than a
given time:
find $Mail/trash $Mail/spam -type f -mtime 90 -print0 | xargs -0r rm

--
John L. Fjellstad