Re: Upgrade to Sarge kills X

cr wrote:

However, on trying startx, I got the grey screen with the 'X' for a moment then it dropped back to the login screen. (I'm using a text login).

X is starting, but it's not finding any clients to run. Try creating a file in your home directory named ".xinitrc" (notice the dot) and put the single line in it "icewm" (assuming you have icewm installed; otherwise use whatever client you want to start, such as "xterm", "startkde", "gnome-session", etc).

If that works, you're one step closer.

--
Kent