[newbie] Dependency problems installing libssl0.9.7

Hi all.

I'm new to Debian, so if I'm asking any questions that's covered in the docs just point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to upgrade from libssl0.9.6 that's in stable to libssl0.9.7 that's in testing. To do so, I added the followinglines to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main Unfortunately, libssl0.9.7 has a dependency on libc6 v2.3.2, and stable comes with libc6 v2.2.5. The problem is that libc6 v2.3.2 doesn't seem to be in the package listings.

Then I decided to try getting the source and building the .deb myself. When I tried that, I get informed that I need a newer version of debconf or some such. Tracking down the dependencies for debconf also leads me back to a dependency on libc6 v.2.3.2. Aargh!

Am I missing something? Do I have to add something else to sources.list to pick up libc6 v2.3.2?

Thanks,
-Mark