Re: relaying my own mail through my own server

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 02:00:25PM -0500, Emma Jane Hogbin said
> Out of the following, is there any one specific set up that is
> recommended?
>
> 	https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=94312
> 	http://buffy.riseup.net/software/postfix.txt
> 	http://www.metaconsultancy.com/whitepapers/smtp.htm#s6
> 	http://www.trilug.org/~jeremy/mail-notes.txt
>
> I think it's the concept of authentication that I'm getting confused by.
> If I'm SSHing into the box to do port forwarding (as above), what kind of
> authentication am I doing?

To postfix, you appear to be sending mail from 127.0.0.1, which is
trusted to relay (since you could just call /usr/sbin/sendmail or
whatever anyway).

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:         sweep Clinton Cheney condor FSF interception Blowfish