Re: USB Hard Drive on Debian (woody) - Kernel 2.4.24

Am Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:05:32 -0500 schrieb Barry Skidmore:

> Robert,
>
> I have recompiled the kernel (2.4.24) to include scsi support in
> addition to usb.  Here are the relevent lines from dmesg:

> However, there is nothing listed in /proc/scsi/scsi about the usb hard
> drive and I can not mount it.:
>
> Contents of /proc/scsi/scsi:
> Attached devices: none

:-(

Can you compare lsmod output before and after running parted?
And check dmesg again afterwards for that wanted "Attached scsi disk
sd* ..." line?  AFAIK you can't mount a /dev/sd* as long as no device has
been attached to it by the Kernel.

(You don't have to do anything to the partition table if it looks ok.,
but I think you mentioned that parted has managed to access the
device before...)

Regards,
Robert.