Re: CPU recommendations *avoid Intel-Shite*

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 04:44:08AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 05:46:36AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > *ALL* of NVIDIA's cards from the Riva TNT2 up to the Quadro FX
> > are supported under Linux just as well as under Windows, because
> > of the uniform driver.  What other (non-mobo) h/w company can say
> > that it supports Linux just as well as Windows?
>
> Too bad they went with Windows for the idea of stability and ease of
> use.
>
> > Yes, it's a binary driver, and I'm not happy about that, but I
> > can live with it...
>
> I could live with it if it wasn't fscking unreliable with no
> improvement between revisions.

Gotta disagree here.  I think your intense dislike for Nvidia is
clouding whatever objectivity you might have.

My experience with N's drivers has been truly excellent, and being a
gamer I'm probably pickier than most.  And BTW, I think they've shown
terrific improvement over time (I started using them when a tnt2 was
good, and just yesterday plopped in a ge4.)

I've come to respect your opinion on my relatively short time following
debian-user, but this time... well, your statement is just plain false.

-troy