Re: OT Help with Mozilla

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003 05:48, Travis Crump wrote:
> bob parker wrote:
> > I'm in the middle of using ncftp to download Knoppix iso - 700meg.
> >
> > As a consequence Moz keeps timing out while I attempt to access other
> > site I regularly use.
> >
> > Is it possible to increase the time out delay in Mozilla? How?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bob
>
> It looks like you want to adjust the prefernces
> "network.http.request.timeout" and/or "network.http.connect.timeout".
> If you have a new enough version of mozilla(I am not sure exactly what
> is 'new' enough since I follow cvs and this is the first I've seen this
> feature), you can edit the values by going to the url "about:config" and
> scrolling down to the preference and right clicking the preference and
> choosing Modify.  The old standby is to add the preference to
> user.js(manually created in the same directory as prefs.js for your
> profile) in the form:
> user_pref("network.http.request.timeout", <time in seconds>);
> and then restart mozilla.

Thanks for that. I'm using Moz 1.0 and
1. There is a line '715 network.http.request.timeout   default  int 120'
in about:config, but right click does nothing in this version.
2. I added the user-pref line to my user.js and restarted to no effect.
   ( I have other lines in user.js that also have no effect )

So I guess the next question is what must I do to install a later version?

Thanks
Bob