Re: Java not working in Galeon/Mozilla

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 01:45:50PM +0000, Patrick Kirk wrote:
| Found this log...

| An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
| Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x40880389
| Function name=(N/A)
| Library=/lib/libc.so.6

Oh, nice, a segfaulting JVM.  I've had lots of fun with this lately on
Solaris 8 with JDK 1.2.2.  I think some Motif stuff doesn't work right
anyways -- I've had the jvm crash when trying to work with the applet
an HP JetDirect box returns.  I'm not sure what you can try doing
other than removing and reinstalling some packages or trying a
different libc version.  Binary-only software distribution really
sucks!

-D

--

The remote desktop feature of Windows XP is really nice (and *novel*!).
As a Microsoft consultant can *remotely* disable the personal firewall