Re: ISA AWE64 not detected

On Thursday 01 November 2001 05:04, Donald R. Spoon wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I got a SB AWE64 working under Debian "testing".  It took a bit of
> "cut & try", but with the help of the HOWTO, I finally got it going.
> Here is what I suggest you do:

I'm going to give your suggestions a try, Donald, and I do appreciate
the advice. I'm also going to try compiling a 2.4.x kernel, since I've
been meaning to do that anyway so it will be interesting to see which
approach is easier.

> 1.  Make sure you have the most recent version of the isapnptools
> package.

More recent than Woody? Should I be using the Sid packages?

[el snip]

> Cheers & Good Luck!

Thanks, Don. I think I'm going to need both.

- C