Re: lesser memory usage: galeon or netscape?

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 07:51:51PM -0700, michael young wrote:
> Hello....
>
> which consumes lesser memory...galeon or netscape?
>
> also, is there a fix already for the "bug" in galeon (more on mozilla
> actually) as the archives suggest...?

Both consume a fair amount, though I'd hazard Galeon weighs in under
mozilla.  Galeon is also much more responsive interface-wise.

Unfortunately, both seem to suffer from some terrible memory leakage.
At least some of this memory leakage shows up under the X process, so
that the only way to reclaim it is to restart X -- argh!

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>