Re: conflicting network-cards?

also sprach dman (on Sat, 01 Sep 2001 09:17:59PM -0400):
> Err, right, I meant the network address :-).

i know you did.

> | Actually, in older BSD net code the network was also the broadcast
> | address. This still works on some IP stacks (try pinging your network
> | address sometime).
>
> Actually, I didn't know that.

do an nmap -sP scan on an entire subnet, i.e. 192.168.1.0/24

if you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect
wood, and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to
long for the endless immensity of the sea.
                                           -- antoine de saint exupery