Re: mutt + seperate folder for lists

On 2 Feb 2001, Nathan E Norman <nnorman@micromuse.com> wrote:

> The following works well for spam (thanks craig sanders)(season to
> taste):
>
> ## Spam filters
> :0
> * ^TO(friend@public.com)|(free4u2.com)
> Mail/SPAM/

I don't use procmail[1], so I don't know, but if it does rule
processing in order, and exits after a match is found, you could just
have a rule which catches all mail on which you're not in the To line
(you need to have all your mailing lists rules first so that such
mails, which have a similar construct, aren't binned my mistake).
Very little spam will be directed to you directly, you'll be bcc'd on
it, most likely.

[1] Little point at present, as I don't get any spam...

> # impossible ip address in Received: line  - one of cyberpromo's
> tricks.
> :0 E
> * ^Received.*\[[0-9\.]*([03-9][0-9][0-9]|2[6-9][0-9]|25[6-9])

Are you sure this won't catch emails from IP addresses which aren't
in dotted quad format? Like I say, I don't use procmail (and my reg-
ex is a bit rusty!)

> Mail/SPAM/
>
> # now check the body of the message for spam
> :0 BE

I guess these mean Norman didn't see his own message? :-)

--
Gary
Debian 2.1r4 (kernel v2.0.39); XFree86 3.3.6