ATARI MEMORY

Hello Debian.
              I wonder if you could help me with a little problem.
my system is ATARI TT030
             4MB ST RAM
             AIXBOARD 32MB OR 64MB (PROBLEM AREA)

What I find is that I can use the 32MB but not 64MB with Linux 2.0.36
version. I have noted from an article in Linux Answers magazine on page
70 *Sort OUT YOUR RAM*. It mentions that of a problem recognising the
amount of rams. I have check each 32mb Rams separately both are okay
with linux bootup but not together. It sits happier in Atari on it own.
Is their anyway of counteracting this problem or will the newer version
solve this problem. As I have got this size of ram could I be able to
dispense with swap and replace it Linux, and could I do this.
I look forward to your reply.
regards--
john oakes :)