RE: a couple of questions

  2. I just recently installed a new browser Netscape 407 but
when I try to
launch it nothing happens. I even tried installing mosaic too
but  mosaic is
not visible in my gnome desktop environment. I do not know
what's wrong can
somebody please advice?

Try launching it as non-root. I installed Netscape 4.07 from the tar format
on RedHat and it wouldn't let me run Netscape as root. Its possible your
encountering the same security issue. Supposedly, there is a way to allow
root  to run Netscape but I don't recall where that setting is made.

Kind regards,

Hagen Finley
Longs Drugs
Walnut Creek, CA