Re: Pine question

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Dpk wrote:

> >From the main menu in pine:
>    1. Type 's' for 'Setup'
>    2. Type 'c' for 'Config'
>    3. Scroll the very bottom and select (hit enter) on 'url-viewers'
>    4. Type 'lynx' and hit enter
>    5. Type 'e' for 'Exit'

Thanks, but that did not solve the problem.  Even without this
configuration pine in the past called lynx to do the job.  It is not a
problem with every attachment I receive.

> >From the config, you can also set your mailcap and mime.types search
> path to /etc/mailcap and /etc/mime.types, respectively.  This will
> configure viewers for various applications as well as html.

I had the mailcap configuration in place and added mime.types - also
without any effect.

Johann.

| Johann Spies,Windsorlaan 19, Pietermaritzburg, 3201, South Africa        |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za Tel/Faks 033-346-1310 Sel/Cell 082-255-2388      |

     "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer;
      behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison,
      that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation
      ten days; be thou faithful unto death, and I will give
      thee a crown of life."           Revelation 2:10