Re: Help identify motherboard (486)

On 1 Jul 1999, Arcady Genkin wrote:
> It says 486DX-AC-WBu-25/33/40/50-L3-ZZ in the top line of the screen,
> it also prints:
>
> "32MHz CPU Clock" just below the BIOS box where it lists all the
> system info. If my CPU is DX4, does it mean that it multiplies 32Mhz
> by 4?

no.  DX4 means it is capable of tripling the clock speed.
According to my hazy memory: there is usually one set of jumpers on the
motherboard to determine clock speed (25, 33, 40, or 50 MHz) then there's
another set of jumpers that determines whether that speed is multiplied by
1, 2, or 3.  if you have a DX, you multiply by 1.  if you have a DX2, you
multiply by 2, and if you hava a DX4, you multiply by 3.

-Brad