Re: Where's my mouse?

> > I change out my serial mouse for a ps2 mouse, and now my mouse
> > can't be found.
> > What do I do now?
>
> It's probably on a different device then. Run XF86Setup aagain.
>
> HTH,
>
> Matthew

And probably you need kernel support for bus mouse.  I don't remember does it
present in standerd Debian's kernel package (I always recompile kernel myself :).
Check /boot/config-*.

I've also noticed that if you use both GPM and X, than it's better to run
GPM with -R option and use /dev/gpmdata fifo as mouse device in XF86Config
(with MouseSystems protocol).  See GPM manual for details.

Best regards,
Ilya Ovchinnikov