Linux question, not specifically debian

Hi All:

With VMS VAXen the virtual memory architecture is paging,
with executables for a process always loaded at 0x200.

I understand that Linux is also paged. Does Linux start
executables at any particular virtual address? What does
Linux do in this regard?

The answer may have something to do with Linux's idea of
process vs VMS's idea of a process.

I realize I should go read the kernel source, but I
hope someone can tell me off the top of the head. Or
point me to a document or book somewhere.

--David  Teague

MS Windows: Like putting lipstick on a chicken.
    LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [3456]86 PC's available NOW!
David B Teague | Ask me how user interface copyrights & software
teague@wcu.edu | patents make programing a dangerous business.