Re: is the Creative Labs AWE64 GOLD Soundcard supported?

On Mon, Oct 06, 1997 at 07:49:34AM +1000, Lawrence wrote:
> Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
> How your isapnp.conf file looks like?  can you send it to me?

Just done a minute ago (anyone else?)

> > You just have to install and congfigure isapnp, that it is (and add the
> > sound module to the modules autoloaded at boot time, if you want. You can
> > even load a sound font bank at boot time).
>
> do you mean to let kerneld to load the sound module?

No. I start the kernel module via /etc/modules. Just put "sound" in a line
for its own.

You can even load a sound fount at boot time:
Put in /etc/conf.modules:

post-install sound      /usr/bin/sfxload -i 2mbgmgs.sf2

or any other sound font bank in /usr/lib/awe/sfbank/
(version 1 or 2).

Thank you,

Marcus
--