Re: off topic: password strategy as an ISP

On  5 Jul, John Foster wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Jul 1997 Martin.Bialasinski@uni-koeln.de wrote:
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> cat <<__EOF__
>> No telnet login allowed.
>>
>> ** Insert the motd here **
>>
>> __EOF__
>> sleep 5
>> exit 0
>>

> And if the remote user managed to interrupt it would they get
> /bin/sh?, with EUID 0?
>
> And what if the sleep call was suspended?

Did you tried the script ? If I try to suspend it, I get a "Connection
closed by foreign host."

The same with STRG+C.

I believe that as this script is the "login shell", you can't interrupt
it without being disconnected. But someone with better knowledge of unix
internals can tell you the real explanation.

Ciao,
	Martin