Re: new kernel

Hi,

	Unfortunately, it is not just a matter of copying the kernel,
 you have to copy the modules as well, and the System.map and
 psdatabase files (or else parts of the system may not work as
 advertized ;-(. Also, the distributed kernels are necessarily
 bloated, in order to recognize all possible device that are out
 there; you generally do not want that.

	It would be easier to compile a new kernel, (shameful plug:
 the package kernel-package from misc will help creating you own
 kernel image package).

	manoj

--
 "Vendi, vidi, parenthesi" -- I came, I saw, I programmed in Lisp!"
 Dave W. Kimball