Re: NIS is broken in Debian 1.3!

Both the server and the client machines have libc5 version 5.4.23-4 and
libc6 version 2.0.3-4. Let me give you an example of what's happening on
the client machine:

~> ypmatch rover passwd
rover:V/8DB9sycYRnM:1017:1017::/home/rover:/bin/bash
~> su rover
su: user rover does not exist

However, the /etc/passwd file in the client machine ends with the line
+:::::: Shouldn't this work?

So, the NIS binding process is ok, but all system utilities (like su,
ls, passwd, etc.) in the client machine are unable to see the NIS maps.

--
Pedro I. Sanchez