gdb under slink

I get

warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
warning: GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
warning: and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.

when attempting to debug Apache under UltraDebian (2.1 std install, apache
1.3.6 pulled from unstable).  Anything I can do about this so I can debug
shared libraries?  (what I'm trying to do is get mod_ssl up and running,
and Apache is segfaulting when it loads libssl.so)

--
Ryan Smith-Roberts <rsr@buzzwerks.com>
Making the immovable irresistible since 1975