Re: Kernel Build

In message <Pine.LNX.3.96.980923104035.17221D-100000@ruby.intranet.kachinatec
h.
com>, Ward Deng writes:
>Hi, Nils,
>
>>   I have it checked out already... it's either in
~lohner/work/linux_tree/li
>> ux or in ~lohner/cage/home/lohner/work/linux_tree/linux.  It's checked
out
>> from their CVS repository, and I usually keep it up to date.
>
>Good. I saw the source tree in the first path. Does that mean I need to
compil
>the kernel from that source tree? Which compiler should I use?

  I almost have a good compiler back in the main area... please don't
rebuild the kernel yet.  I think I can get the new egcs compiler and glibc
2.0.96 installed... I think I'd rather have the kernel built with the latest
and greatest if at all possible.  I hope to get this done tomorrow sometime.

Nils.