Re: TL 2009: Upgrade works! Future plans?

أحمد المحمودي <aelmahmoudy@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   Thanks for the great news !
>
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 09:02:12PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
>> - Wait for the release of TL 2009 and rebuild the tarballs
> ---end quoted text---
>
> I don't think that this is needed for upload to experimental. Anyways
> when is it expected that TL 2009 would be released ?

I don't know, but I read that they don't expect any more updates to
their compiled sources, and want to release with what has been built
right now.  So that means they wait for translators of the TeXLive main
documentation, and then probably pull a last update of packages from
CTAN. Or not even that?

In other words "Really soon now" ;-)

Regards, Frank
--