Re: tetex-doc & backspace in xdvik

Hi,

First of all, thank you Frank for the corrections in tetex-doc.

Stefan Ulrich <stefanulrich@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

>>> I read somewhere that it should be bound to the function up-or-previous().
>
> No, Backspace is supposed to do the opposite of Return, and Delete
> the opposite of Space. Where does the documentation say otherwise?
> (Hmm, I just saw that the description in xdvi.1 is incomplete; it
> only talks about Ctrl-h and doesn't mention Backspace - just fixed
> that in the CVS).

In fact, I read the documentation of xdvi (not xdvik) because the description
was missing in the man page. It bounds Backspace to up-or-previous. See:
http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/xdvi1.html

xpdf and gv have got the same behaviour as xdvi: Backspace do the opposite of
Space. Finally, I just tried xdvik 22.40v, and Backspace do the contrary of
Space.

So, it seems strange that Backspace in xdvik 22.84.9 has got such a
behaviour. And that's why I wondered if it was a bug. I hope that my examples
are convincing and that my English is clear.

Cheers,

--
Prakash