Re: Too many conflicts? (tetex vs. texlive)

On Mon, 17 Okt 2005, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> I don't understand this. A package using dh_installtexfonts has to
> Build-Depend on tex-common >= 0.9, but I don't see any reason why the

True.

> resulting font package should Depend on tex-common >= 0.9? It has to
> Depend on a version of tex-common that provides update-updmap and the

True.

> "magic comment" handling (anything else?). I don't know which tex-common
> version was the first to implement that. Or am I missing something?

Haaa, I found it why it should be >= 0.7!!

tex-common (0.7) unstable; urgency=low

  * take over installation of /var/cache/fonts/*, /usr/local/share/texmf
    and the ls-R links from tetex (and texlive). [preining]

Without the ls-R links it won't work. You need them! And they are not
present in tetex nor texlive.

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
SHENANDOAH (n.)
The infinite smugness of one who knows they are entitled to a place in
a nuclear bunker.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff