Re: Too many conflicts? (tetex vs. texlive)

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 01:20 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Okt 2005, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> > >   Your package should depend on tex-common (>= 0.7)
> >
> > I don't know the reason either. Norbert, could you enlighten us why a
> > versioned dependency is needed here?
>
> No idea why I wrote this. Now I wrote 0.9 because it will contain the
> dh_installtexfonts debhelper, and I guess the Policy should mention
> that.

I don't understand this. A package using dh_installtexfonts has to
Build-Depend on tex-common >= 0.9, but I don't see any reason why the
resulting font package should Depend on tex-common >= 0.9? It has to
Depend on a version of tex-common that provides update-updmap and the
"magic comment" handling (anything else?). I don't know which tex-common
version was the first to implement that. Or am I missing something?

cheerio
ralf