Re: dh_installtexfonts is ready for testing

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 21:02 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:

> A free half hour made me into producing a first version of
> 	dh_installtexfonts
> All is in svn under tex-common/trunk/debhelper

Way cool!

> . Should we install the map files automatically?
>   I would say no, because we cannot guess the location and we don't know
>   where they actually are (ok, this can be changed)

ACK, I would leave this to the package.

> . I do not create the directories var/lib/tex-common/fontmap-cfg and
>   etc/texmf/updmap.d, as I don't know about the policy in dh_scripts
>   about this, anybody knows? Probably we should generate them.

See eg dh_installinfo. I am commiting an appropriate change.

> . Did I miss something?

Two minor comments:

For using it when installing tetex-{base,extra} I think it would be
useful if one could alter the 'priority'. In addition it would be
interesting to have a updmap.cfg snippet as argument (comments,
MixedMap). One could, eg, treat all map files in @ARGV as you do it
right now but include $package.maps literally into the .cfg file.

For example dh_installdefoma(1) contains:

     Note  that this  command  is not  idempotent. "dh_clean  -k"
     should  be  called  between  invocations  of  this  command.
     Otherwise, it may cause  multiple instances of the same text
     to be added to maintainer scripts.

Did you check dh_installtexfonts with respect to this?

Back to rewriting mk-tex-fontpack ...

cheerio
ralf