Re: ANN: lm_0.86-1_all.deb (Latin Modern Fonts)

Michael Wiedmann <mw@miwie.in-berlin.de> schrieb:

> * Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch> wrote [030815 09:44]:
>
>> Don't you think the name is a bit too short? It's not very descriptive,
>> and it might lead to name clashes sooner or later. Why not use lm-fonts?
>
> I renamed the package to 'lmodern'.
>
> The current version is located at:
>
> http://www.miwie.org/lm/index.html
> http://www.miwie.org/lm/lmodern_0.86-3_all.deb
>
>> I just installed it (on a woody-bunk1 system with a couple of home-made
>> backports), and I get the message:
>>
>> Scanning for Map entries:
>> [...]
>> updmap: map file `lm.map' not found.
>
> I followed the hints in 'README.Debain' of 'tetex-bin' and hopefully
> solved the initial problems.
>
> Can you please test this version and see whether you still get errors?

I deinstalled lm, then installed lmodern and got the error again. I de-
and reinstalled, then without error, but also without lm.map in
updmap.cfg. No wonder: I found a file 10lmodern.bak instead of
10lmodern.cfg in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/.  After purging lmodern and
reinstalling, there's no error message, and the entry is in updmap.cfg.

Ah, one more thing: In fact I reinstalled and purge-deinstalled lm again
"after the first sentence above".

I didn't look at your scripts, but could it be that presence of
10lmodern.bak prevents installing of the cfg file?

Bye, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie