Re: font package

From: Robert Stone <talby@trap.mtview.ca.us>
Subject: font package
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:31:29 -0800

> 	I've run into problems trying to prepare a package for a set of
> chess fonts from CTAN.  I think this one is rather important because scid
> (another debian package) needs it for proper LaTeX exports, though I intend
> to use the package directly.  I used the tetex-eurosym package as a model
> for tetex-chess, but I can not get latex to build any examples using the
> chess.sty file without babel errors.

I am not so sure but

- chess.sty would be too obsolete so it does not work in the
present babel environment.  It would need, perhaps, rewriting.

- chess*.mf will be usable (because they are metafont source ;-)

One more point; in postrm, you should run texhash and,
as far as I understand, mktexlsr will be better than
texhash.

Best regards,			2002.2.23

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.