Re: May I close bugs #62014 and #62018 on tetex-bin?

Christoph Martin writes:
 > Adrian Bunk writes:
 >  > Hi,
 >  >
 >  > may I close bugs #62014 and #62018 on tetex-bin? Christoph told the
 >  > submitter on April 9 that it looks as if the installation f the submitter
 >  > failed because of a full disk. The submitter didn't reply and these RC
 >  > bugs are still open.
 >  >

 > I have to look into #62018 because there really seems to be a
 > problem.
 >
 > dpkg -S /usr/bin/latex /usr/bin/elatex /usr/bin/lambda /usr/bin/amstex
 > dpkg: /usr/bin/latex not found.
 > dpkg: /usr/bin/elatex not found.
 > dpkg: /usr/bin/lambda not found.
 > dpkg: /usr/bin/amstex not found.
 >
 > This seams to correspond with #57756.
 >
 > I have to look, why these links are missing.
 >
 > We seem to have overlooked this because we all have these links from a
 > previous version.

Wrong. It is different.

In the postinst of tetex-bin 'texconfig init' is called. This calls
texlinks which creates these missing links. But they don't get removed
when the package is purged, because they are not in the package
list. This caused #57756. #62018 might have come through an
installation problem as indicated earlier.

Anyway, I will put the missing links into the package, so that they
are in the package list and searchable via dpkg -S and get removed on
purge. But is no important error.

Christoph