Kernel 2.6.6, Asla and no cdrom sound

Hi All

I just changed sound on my system from the on board chip (Realtec
ALC650) to an Audigy card. I also changed over to using the ALSA drivers
at the same time by installing alsa-base and alsa-utils. Everything works
except the cdrom. The cord is connected and the cdrom is spinning but no
sound. All other parts of the sound system work. I am running Sarge with
kernel 2.6.6. Googling came up with some people that upgraded drivers
and cured the same type of problem. Since the ALSA drivers are part of
the kernel 2.6 series I was not sure what to try next.

TIA

Jim