tripwire + logrotate = System boot changes errors

I've configured tripwire with MAILNOVIOLATIONS=false, so it should be silent when it ends with "No Errors". I'm having an issue, though, with tripwire spotting the new log files and gzips produced nightly by logrotate as "System boot changes" and marking them as important. Thus, I get daily emails to alert me to these "changes" on my system.

Is there a best-practice consideration for this, or at least a configuration that will not consider logrotate to be a problem?

--
John Beamon
Systems Administrator