[Fwd: Re: Hardware detection question/problem]

I also lost use of my ethernet (Intel 82801bd PRO 100 integrated) on an ibm netvista after update and reboot. I tried to load discover2 but was unable to get it to install. After reading Dave's note I tried discover1 and the network became available again.

Is there a way to "go back" to the last known configuration when finding an update broke something? In mycase I lost the network and had pains getting the system back to where it was prior.