Re: Hardware detection question/problem

Yes, that works fine.  Also, adding the module names to /etc/modules
results in their being loaded at boot.  I was simply hoping to stay with
the mode of automatic hardware detection that had worked so well when I
installed with the beta 2 installer.  It was slick, and frankly I'm a
good deal less tweaky and fiddly with system settings than I was when I
first started with Linux :)

Thanks,
Chuck